Every year, I make a Ribfest checklist: which ribbers I want to try, which bands I want to see, where I want to sit to watch the fireworks - you get the idea. Really, not much planning goes into my Canada Day weekend other than making sure I get to Memorial Park.
But (unlike me) you may want to use a little strategy and to make the most of your Ribfest visit. So here are some helpful details:
• Premium parking is available inside the park for $10 (for which you also receive a pack of vouchers for local businesses worth at least that much); there is also plenty of free parking on side streets near the park.
• There is no smoking (of any kind) or vaping in the park.
• Remember to bring sunscreen. And a hat.
• Service dogs are the only animals allowed in the park during Ribfest. (Hey, we love pets, but we have to abide by city regulations.)
• The food vendors accept cash only - if you can't make it to the bank before hitting the park, there will be two ATM units on site.
• Fireworks and Skate Jam both take place on Sunday, June 30th this year. (Rain date is Monday, July 1.)
For more tips, see our Plan Your Visit web page.
See you at Ribfest!